Working with Young People - Self Harm / Self Injury Behaviours
What participants will gain from this workshop? - Self Harm
- Understand differences and links between self harm / injury and suicidal behaviour.
- Identifying those most at risk of self harm / injury.
- Risk factors for self harm / injury behaviour.
- Protective factors for self harm / injury behaviour.
- Strategies to address self harming / injury behaviour - short / long term.
Garry King has extensive experience with working with young people encountering the issues of self harm and suicidal behaviour. This experience is the result of having worked as a teacher, youth worker and counsellor and complimented by degrees in welfare and education as well as masters degrees in counselling and suicidology. He is a peer reviewer for the International Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention. Garry is an invited author for the 2015 School Social Work USA. Garry presented at the 2016 International Society for the Study of Self Injury Conference in the USA.