Applications are now open for Transurban’s Community grant program. Grants of up to $5,000 are available to support initiatives that generate social and environmental benefits for communities near Transurban’s Australian roads. Grants are open to a wide range of organisations and initiatives.
Past grant recipients have included road safety initiatives, disability services organisations, youth and community education programs, food distribution, homeless support and housing services, emergency services, arts groups, school and kindergarten projects and land care initiatives.
Applications are assessed against the following criteria:
- benefit to communities in which the Transurban road networks operate
- potential to positively affect a large number of people or drive significant environmental outcomes
- potential to help overcome barriers to transport, mobility and community inclusion
- potential to improve the lives of disadvantaged or underprivileged groups
- specificity of the grant's intended use and expected outcomes
- achievement of community benefits that may otherwise not be possible
- ability to achieve lasting benefits
Projects from the following Council areas of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane will be considered:
- Brisbane City Council
- Logan City Council
- Ipswich City Council