We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to make a real difference to the lives of people with a disability. We are seeking Supported Living Facilitators (also known in the industry as Disability Support Workers) to join us in multiple locations across Brisbane’s south side. You will have good communication skills and be passionate about the rights of people with a disability to have the same opportunities as all citizens. In this role you’ll work closely with a person with a disability to:
- Make informed choices about their lives
- Develop their skills and independence
- Build their social network
- Manage their home and aspects of their health
- Access their community
You will also be required to complete written documentation, participate as a member of a team and contribute to developing, implementing and reviewing person centred plans.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Dedication to helping the person you support grow in their decision-making, personal autonomy, competency, and roles and relationships in the community.
- The ability to work effectively across all stakeholders, including application of the principles of family- or self-governance, personal autonomy, choice and control, and intentional safeguarding.
- The ability to operate as part of an effective team of Direct Support Practitioners, contributing to a service that is achieving Personal Outcomes for the people we serve within budget.
To be considered you will need:
- A current Blue Suitability Card and Disability Services Qld History Check (or be willing to apply for them)
- A Qld Driver’s Licence (must be open and valid licence – to be confirmed prior to offer of employment)
- A Senior First Aid Certificate (must be valid and hold prior to employment, including CPR)
All applicants must address the included selection criteria, and attach a current resume and cover letter. Should you require additional/specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below.
base salary + super+ salary packaging
The UCC salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information please refer to http://www.accesspay.com.au/ebook/ebook.html or visit the AccessPay website (http://www.accesspay.com.au/Content.aspx?page=salarypackaging).
UnitingCare Queensland is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for our clients. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
To apply go to our website www.uccommunity.org.au/careers