Support, Group and Community Education Worker
BRISSC is seeking a permanent part-time Support, Group and Community Education Worker for 60 hours per fortnight.
The Brisbane Rape and Incest Survivor’s Support Centre (BRISSC) is a specialist community-based organisation that provides free and confidential support services to women who have experienced sexual assault at any time in their lives.
BRISSC is committed to working within communities to raise awareness of, and ultimately prevent, sexual violence in all its forms.
BRISSC is located at Women's House, in Brisbane, Australia
The main duties of this dynamic role are:
· Provide telephone support, information and referral and individual support and counseling to women aged 15 and over who have experienced sexual violence.
· Develop, co-facilitate and evaluate group and workshop programs.
· Deliver Community education, awareness raising and sexual violence prevention activities.
· Provide professional development and training on best-practice responses to women who have experienced sexual violence.
· Undertake governance and management roles and responsibilities through active participation in the BRISSC Collective and Women’s Community Aid Association to ensure high quality service delivery.
BRISSC is a women’s only service and it is a genuine occupational requirement that workers be women (as permitted under Sections 25 and 104 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991).
This position is paid at level 5.2 of Division 2B SCHCADS Award (Fisher Pay Rates) with a gross weekly salary of $1131.30 plus 9.5% superannuation. Salary sacrifice is available as part of your salary package.
For a copy of the full position description and selection criteria please contact Karin at BRISSC by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3391 2573 if you have any specific questions.
Only applications that address the entire selection criteria will be accepted.
Completed applications must be received by midnight Sunday 22nd April, 2018