Micah Projects is a community organisation with an unswerving commitment to social justice. We believe that every child and adult has the right to a home, an income, health care, education, safety, dignity and connection within their community of choice. Micah Projects provides a range of support and advocacy services to individuals and families.
Micah Mental Health and Disability Service (MMHDS) outreach teams provide flexible, recovery focussed support and advocacy to adults with complex disabilities in the Brisbane area. The MMHDS assists people to:
- Maintain their tenancy
- Have a better quality of life at home and in the community, through access to services, resources and informal and formal community connections
- Have good personal hygiene
Micah Projects is seeking a Support and Advocacy Worker to join the MMHDS. The objective of this position is to advocate for and support individuals to:
- Access/maintain permanent and affordable housing
- Be safe and comfortable within their home
- Access support, social and health services
- Empower and foster independence and interdependence through participation, and access to appropriate resources, opportunities and services within the community
This is a casual position classified under the SCHADS Award – Level 2.
To apply for this position and obtain a copy of the position description, please visit http://micahprojects.applynow.net.au/jobs/MICAH44 To be considered for this role you will also need to respond to the questions under the 'Personal Details' field, and please ensure to upload your resume and cover letter when prompted.