This program aims to encourage Queenslanders to celebrate and commemorate Queensland Week in a way that reflects the unique culture, heritage and aspirations of their own community.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Raise community awareness of Queensland Week and Queensland themes.
- Encourage community participation and engagement.
- Contribute to a statewide program of diverse, inclusive and innovative community events and celebrations.
- Promote social, cultural and economic benefit to the community.
- Showcase local or Queensland entertainers, produce or icons.
Eligible applicants include incorporated body operating in Queensland on a not-for-profit basis, such as:
- Incorporated associations
- Local governments
- Company limited by guarantee
Parents and Citizens Associations (P&Cs) are eligible to apply for events if they are able to demonstrate wider community benefit and participation.
Eligible events must be:
- Held to celebrate Queensland Day, held on 6 June 2018.
- Held within four days either side of 6 June (between 12 and 10 June 2018).
- Inclusive and accessible to the community.
- Held to meet the program objectives as detailed in the Guidelines.
- Targeted at the wider community (elements within the overall celebration may be targeted at specific audiences).