The Queensland Alliance for Mental Health, on behalf of the Queensland Mental Health Comission (the Commission), invites local government, non-government and community organisations to apply for small grants under the Queensland Mental Health Week (QMHW) Community Events Grant program.
Grants of up to $2,500 (excluding GST) will be offered for organisations to host registered QMHW community mental health awareness events and activities, with a total investment of $85,000, to cover or contribute to costs for events and activities. The grant program will consider the needs of groups vulnerable to greater risk, including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- people living in rural and remote Queensland
- people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and questioning (LGBTIQ)
- other groups at risk of marginalisation (e.g. people with disability, young people and older people).
Applicants are encouraged to partner with other local organisations as well as local councils to maximise the reach and impact of their Queensland Mental Health Week event or activity. To apply for a grant you must email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday, 1 September 2017.