This is a weekend workshop is for those working or training as social and community service providers, counselling or anyone wanting to explore, develop confidence, and further group facilitation skills.
The workshop offers an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of group process and the managing of group energy and leadership skills.
The contents are crucial for Social Workers in general and mental health practitioners in particular due to the fact that social workers are fully engaged in work a variety of group therapy and community group work.
Who should attend?
Social Workers and Health Care Professionals
At the completion of the workshop participants will:
The secret of leadership from within.
- Become at ease in a safe place in which you can develop skills as a group facilitator
- Be able to practice various skills, creative methods in working with groups and become confident in being present as a leader.
- Refine yours and participants' abilities to work with group dynamics as they emerge in the training group.
- Discover the key principles of group process work: Group energy, clients’ patterns and leadership models.
- Practice working on simulated issues that deal with group problems and members will learn how to lead and solve group problems.
- Learn how to resolve group conflicts, emotional blocks, 'shadow work' and more creative methods in group work.
Meet the Presenter
Yaro Starak, B.A., M.S.W., Adv.Dip.SW., Dip. GT. finished his undergraduate studies majoring in psychology at the University of Manitoba and later his post graduate studies at the University of British Columbia, Canada. He continued further studies at the University of Toronto specialising in adult education, group dynamics and supervision.
He trained as a Gestalt Therapist at the Toronto Gestalt Institute and after graduating he became faculty member of that Institute for four years. He immigrated to Australia in 1978 to lecture at the University of Queensland. Over the past twenty-five years Yaro has been teaching and training various professional groups and Gestalt groups in Brisbane, Tasmania, Sydney and overseas in Sweden, Denmark, Mexico, Germany, Estonia, Italy and Spain.
Yaro has published and co-edited four books in Gestalt Therapy and Group Process, three training manuals and numerous articles in several international journals on group work, Gestalt Therapy, Family Therapy, Alternative living, Men’s issues and Deep Psychology.
He is an accredited Values & Leadership coach and founding member of GANZ – Gestalt Australia & New Zealand – the accrediting body of Gestalt Therapy Training Institutes. Yaro is a regular presenter at the Psychotherapy in Australia Conference, GANZ conference, AAGT and Latin American Congress in Mexico City. Yaro also is a visiting faculty member of the Valencia Gestalt Institute, Spain. Yaro is Co-Director of the Gestalt Art Therapy centre.
AASW Queensland Branch Office, 5/43 Vanessa Blvd, Springwood Qld 4127
Please note there is no onsite parking however street parking in Vanessa Blvd and Cindarella Drive.
Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 2018 - 9.00am - 5.00pm
Registration from 8.45am
Fruit will be served at morning and afternoon tea with a fully catered lunch.
CPD: 14 Hours
Members - Please log on to the website prior to registering to take advantage of the member rates.