The Energex-Ergon Community Fund grants program is a little helping hand to those in need, to get a great community project or initiative over the line.
They are looking for new ideas that are innovative, encourage community identity and wellbeing or showcase solutions to problems we face as a society, whether it is through support for education, diversity and inclusion, renewable energy projects, energy and environmental conservation, electrical safety or by providing essential equipment and upgrading facilities.
The fund is committed to supporting not-for-profit organisations and groups who are working hard to provide lasting benefits to our local communities. It’s all about supporting organisations that work to make their communities a better place to live.
Projects must be completed within 12 months of receiving a grant. Eligible projects include those that:
- Facilitate innovative solutions to local issues
- Stimulate local economic activity
- Support a community’s identity and wellbeing
- Strive to improve diversity and inclusion by providing support through safe spaces or educational programs
- Provide lasting benefits to the local community such as educating kids about sustainability, providing emergency equipment or upgrading facilities
- Prepare the community for Queensland’s storm season by producing storm kits
- Upgrade equipment to more energy efficient models
- Use, inform or promote renewable energy alternatives in the community
- Improve community safety by performing wiring safety checks or upgrading switchboards
If your idea provides some other kind of community benefit than those listed above you can still apply. All projects will be considered.
Submit your application by 5:00pm on Monday 26 March 2018.
If your project will take place in Energex's South East Queensland network area - that's from the NSW border north to Gympie, and west to the base of the Great Dividing Range - submit your application to the Energex Community Fund.
For all other Queensland locations, apply to the Ergon Community Fund.