Legacy Brisbane supports and cares for the families of Australian Defence Force men and women who have lost their lives or their health as a result of their service. We provide programs to support widows, partners and children of deceased, seriously ill or injured veterans.
The Community Services Manager (CSM) is one of three managers responsible to the Chief Executive Officer. The position exercises managerial responsibility for the development and implementation of Legacy Brisbane's service delivery across five program areas in Brisbane and designated regions of SE Queensland.
The position manages a team of thirteen staff, including Community Services Officers, Compensation and Entitlements Advocates and Administration officers and works collaboratively with and through the more than 300 member volunteers (Legatees) of the Legacy Club of Brisbane, which operate through area Contact Groups and oversees supervision of approximately ten volunteers working in designated office based support roles.
The CSM role maintains contact with key stakeholders in government departments –specifically the department of Veteran's Affairs, ADF and other non-government and peak body information and community support agencies.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Applicants must address the following criteria in writing to be considered for this position:
- Tertiary or equivalent qualifications and at least 3 years management experience in a high performing community services environment delivering a range of services and programs such as family support, home care, youth, mental health or disability within related standards and legislation.
- A demonstrably confident and effective manager of people, time and priorities, a supervisor, mentor and communicator; empowering staff and volunteers with the information and expectation to deliver consistent and effective service, ideally experienced in change management and organisational and operational reform.
- Demonstrated advanced program, policy and practice development experience,
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills including business planning, monthly and project reporting, policy and procedure writing and individual service planning.
- Accomplished networking ability with the capacity to collaborate constructively with a variety of internal and external agencies and stakeholders and to leverage and sustain effective relationships and community partnerships.
The role is a maternity leave cover, temporary to January 2018.
Applicants should first view the position description at www.legacy.com.au/brisbane, and then provide an application containing a resume and claims against the selection criteria contained in the position description by Thursday 16 November 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial enquiries or questions relating to the position can be directed to Jackie Stewart on 30295626
Applications need to provide a cover letter addressing key selection criteria with a resume/CV.