Movement for change - play your part
“Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world.” Roald Dahl
We will focus on the stories we tell as organisations and as a community, and explore how we change the narrative and inspire more positive outcomes by the actions we take today.
At a time when we are seeing the demonisation of groups such as welfare recipients and asylum seekers and our community is disenchanted with the democratic process, we need a new story to promote the change we want to see for all Queenslanders.
We need a movement for change. The success of such a movement depends on the dedication and commitment of the whole community. Are you ready to play your part?
Join us to
- Explore the current landscape in which we live and work, uncover the big issues and identify the stories that are dividing our community.
- Develop an understanding of the evidence base for change and the current state of play from which we can move forward.
- Explore reforms currently underway. Challenge your beliefs and attitudes and understand how these shape our actions and influence reform directions.
- Hear from communities who have taken action, told a different story and have had success. How did they do it? What have they learned? Is this something we can all affect?
- Learn from opinion leaders from different backgrounds and sectors who will discuss their experiences and how we can change how we think and tell our stories for the betterment of everyone.
- Leave with an appetite and a recipe for action to take us closer to our desired future.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead
Early bird pricing ends 16 March 2018
Corner Ann and Roma Streets
Brisbane, QLD 4000