ProCare Australia is the leading specialist recruitment agency for the community service industry in Australia, providing casual, locum and permanent career opportunities.
- A skilled Child Protection Practitioner looking for your next challenge?
- Ready for a change of scenery - roles available in vibrant Melbourne and across stunning regional Victoria?
- Keen to work with a top-tier employer focussed on the well-being of children and young people?
Our partner is a well-established employer with core values focused on integrity, collaboration, accountability and innovation. They are committed to improving the lives of children and young people across Victoria and are currently looking for experienced child protection/child and family welfare practitioners to join their team.
This role involves providing high quality case management services to children and families within a child protection service delivery framework and working collaboratively with families, community services organisations and other professionals to develop and implement effective plans for children. The key functions of this role include assessing, investigating, reporting on and planning for the safety and wellbeing of children and young people who are in need of protection. There are multiple roles available in locations across both Melbourne and regional Victoria.
- Providing exceptional case management services within an established child protection service delivery framework
- Assessing risk for children and young people who are in need of protection
- Managing complex cases, problem solving and presenting matters to the Children's Court of Victoria as required
- Working with children, family and carers to bring about changes necessary to ensure the safety, stability and development of the child
- Crisis intervention
To Be Successful
- Completed Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or similar OR
- A completed Diploma of Community Services with a demonstrated focus on child development, human behaviour, family dynamics and/or impacts of trauma with supervised fieldwork placements within the child and family field and at least 1 unit of study in case management, case work practice or counselling
- Demonstrated minimum 2 years case work experience in child and family work
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of child protection practice frameworks and how they underpin case planning and intervention strategies utilising a strength based framework
- Advanced knowledge of child development, attachment and trauma theories relating to child protection practises
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills and self-management capabilities
- Valid driver's licence and current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC) or eligibility to obtain
Salary and Benefits
This challenging and rewarding role offers you the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable children across Victoria. Salary is paid at $79,955 - $90,716 dependant on experience plus super. Flexible working arrangements, training and career development opportunities available.