This program seeks to support organisations in the delivery of events that are for the benefit of local communities.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Drive community and social outcomes to enhance the overall quality of life in local communities.
- Drive future growth and financial sustainability.
- Contribute to the region’s balanced portfolio of community, arts & cultural and sporting events.
- Generate key economic outcomes (including number of tickets sold, level of volunteerism).
- Showcase the importance of events for local communities and businesses.
- Support events that benefit charities and other worthwhile causes.
- Celebrate the rich traditions of communities and the importance of these to the Cairns region.
Grants between $3,000 and $15,000 are available.
The 2016-17 funding round dates are:
- Round 5: Opened 1 July and closes 30 September 2017
- Round 6: Opens 1 October and closes 31 December 2017
Eligible applicants include:
- Not-for-profit organisations.
- Charitable organisations registered or sanctioned under the Collections Act 1966.
- Groups that undertake activities for a public purpose or whose primary objective is not directed at making a profit.
- Groups that demonstrate strong community benefit or need and support for a project or activity.
- Incorporated organisations.