This program seeks to support community projects that build stronger communities in Brisbane.
Each council ward is allocated $55,000 for community projects undertaken within that ward, including community projects involving multiple wards. Please visit program website for the list of council wards open for funding.
Funding between $250 and $10,000 (GST exclusive) is available per organisation. Maximum funding for councillors is $10,000 per project.
Eligible applicants include:
- Not-for-profit community organisations
Eligible projects include projects such as:
- community events including Australia Day ceremonies, fetes and those events that charge an entry fee, for example a fundraiser with a cover charge and festivals with a site entry fee
- equipment hired for the purpose of a community event
- community facility improvements and equipment
- funding towards community sporting organisations equipment and activities within the Ward.