This program seeks to provide funding to community organisations for projects or services that respond to the housing and social needs of homeless people or those living in social housing. It provide grants to services delivered in the inner north of Brisbane, including Fortitude Valley, New Farm, Newstead, Bowen Hills, Teneriffe and Spring Hill.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Enhance support services offered to homeless people and people living in social housing, including support to sustain tenancies. This includes services that focus on empowerment, life skills, employability and opportunities for social inclusion.
- Provide resources and equipment for projects and programs that meet the needs of homeless people and people living in social housing.
- Provide support packages to individuals transitioning into social and affordable housing.
Grants between $2,000 and $10,000 are available. Council may fund the full cost of a project, however applications which include contributions from the applicant are encouraged.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be not-for-profit incorporated organisation in Brisbane or be sponsored by a not-for-profit organisation that is incorporated and able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the project or activity.
- Not have outstanding debts or overdue unacquitted grants with counc