This program aims to provide financial or in-kind assistance for community purposes that is open, transparent, legal and equitable and furthers the objectives of council's corporate plan and will assist in building the capacity and self sufficiency of Banana Shire communities through the growth and development of community projects aimed at enabling Banana Shire residents to enliven and enrich the communities they live.
Grants available are up to:
- $5,000 for events
- $2,500 for projects
Eligible applicants include:
- Incorporated, not-for-profit organisation or company limited by guarantee that has been endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as charity tax exempt fund of deductible gift recipient.
- Non-party political, local, community, cultural, religious, charitable, service, recreational or sporting group.
Eligible projects and events include those that:
- Will be held within the Banana Shire boundaries.
- Deliver benefits to the Banana Shire community.
- Complement the community's aspirations as recognised in council's community plan or have other demonstrated merit to the community.
- Comply with necessary statutory approvals.
- Have achievable timeframes and budget.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Council's Community Development Section to discuss their application prior to submitting.