Our Arts Projects program funds a range of activities that deliver benefits to the arts sector and wider public, including national and international audiences. Organisations that undertake arts programs, projects or that provide services to artists are welcome to apply. Grants are available from $10,000 to $100,000. Supported activities must last no longer than 2 years from the proposed start date.
The Australia Council offers three grant rounds each year for this category. In 2017, the grant rounds will close on:
- Tuesday 7 February for projects starting after 1 May 2017
- Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017
- Tuesday 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
Each round closes at midnight on the closing date.
Technical and administrative support will not be available after 5pm on the closing date.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application approximately 12 weeks after the closing date.
Please note, if your application to a grant round is successful, you will not be eligible to apply to the next grant round (excluding Four-Year Funding, Playing Australia and the Contemporary Music Touring Program).
Who can apply
Only organisations may apply to this category. Organisations that provide a service to the arts are welcome to apply. International organisations can apply for projects that benefit practicing Australian artists or their work.
Applications for funding to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander panel must come from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply for a grant if:
- you received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- you owe money to the Australia Council
- you were successful in the previous round
- you have already made three applications to categories listed under Australia Council Grant Programs this calendar year (funding proposals submitted to categories under Other Grants and Opportunities are not counted as one of your three applications).
- you are in receipt of Four Year Funding for Organisations.
What can be applied for
We fund a range of activities, for example:
- the creation of new work
- arts practice based research
- creative development
- professional skills development
- services to develop the arts sector
- promotion and marketing
- market development activity.
What can’t be applied for
You can’t apply for the following activity:
- projects or activities that do not involve or benefit practicing artists or arts workers
- projects or activities that do not have a clearly defined arts component
- projects that have already taken place.