To be eligible for funding, the scholar must be nominated by a Queensland-based agency, including universities, research agencies, government organisations, not-for-profit/charitable organisations and businesses.
The proposed PhD Scholar must:
- identify as being of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- be commencing a new, full-time PhD research program at a Queensland university after the application is submitted
- undertake the project in Queensland
- Applications will be assessed in the order that they are received until the funding pool is exhausted.
- Up to $120,000 (GST exempt) over 3 years for each scholarship.
- Optional $2,500 thesis submission payment if thesis is submitted within 3.5 years of commencement.
- Approved scholarships must begin within six months of being offered the award.