Applications are now open for rebates on certain energy efficient appliances.
If you have purchased one of the following eligible appliances on or after 1 January 2018 you may be able to claim a rebate:
• 4 star or higher energy rated washing machine ($200 rebate)
• 4 star or higher energy rated refrigerator ($250 rebate)
• 4 star or higher energy rated air conditioner ($300 rebate).
To be eligible for the rebate, you need to submit a fully complete application within 30 days from the date of purchase. If you purchased your appliance prior to applications opening, you will need to lodge a fully complete application by 20 March 2018.
One application per household.
To complete your application you will need to provide:
- your Electricity National Metering Identifier Account Number, located on your household electricity bill
- your name, address, email and telephone number
- the eligible appliance make and model (this may be located on your receipt/tax invoice or on your appliance user manual)
- your bank account BSB and account number (to receive the rebate if your application is approved)
- a copy of your Tax Invoice/Receipt (scanned and saved to your computer for upload during the application process).
Review the Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Terms and Conditions to determine if you are eligible for a rebate.
The scheme will end when the funding is exhausted so payment of a rebate is not guaranteed.
To find out more and apply for the rebate visit the Queensland Government website.